Safe Sport Policy for Coaches Staff Volunteers
Safe Sport training is important for all coaches, parents, athletes, referees, volunteers that work directly with athletes.
It is required by the USOC that all National Governing Bodies (e.g. USA Shooting) require 'covered individuals' to have completed Safe Sport training and background checks.
Here is the list of who is required to take Safe Sport training and complete the NCSI background check:
- All named USAS shooting team athletes (national junior team, national development team, national team) - Safe Sport training only if a minor/under 21.
- USAS Staff and National Coaches
- USAS named National Assistant Coaches
- USAS supervised volunteers and referees
- USAS Certified Training Center coaches
- NTC Shooting Club coaches
- USAS Coach Academy Certified Coaches
- Any coaches attending a camp or clinic onsite at the OTC
If you are a 'covered individual' you need to register for the Safe Sport course and the NCSI background check 'course' on this web page.
The NCSI background check 'course' contains the instructions, web page form link and account code to use for the background check. This is paid for by USA Shooting.
|NCSI background check instructions|
|Safe Sport Policy|