Safe Sport Policy
The Organization Code is USA36546 when you login to ePath to take the course.
This Safe Sport policy clarifies to all stakeholders that the USOC and USA Shooting is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for athletes. It also emphasizes and sets forth standards of behavior that clearly outline unacceptable behaviors, minimize opportunities for misconduct, and help to prevent unfounded allegations.
Here is the list of who is required to take Safe Sport training and complete the NCSI background check:
- All named USAS shooting team athletes (national junior team, national development team, national team) - Safe Sport training only.
- USA Shooting staff (to include contractors) and National Coaches
- USA Shooting named National Assistant Coaches
- USA Shooting Officials/Referees
- USA Shooting Volunteers working under the direction of USA Shooting staff
- USA Shooting Certified Training Center coaches and other volunteers working directly with the CTC Olympic shooting sports related athletes
- NTC Shooting Club coaches
- USAS Coach Academy Certified Coaches
- Any coaches attending a USAS event onsite at the OTC working with athletes
Safe Sport training and NCSI background checks are required every two years to continue working with USAS athletes at training camps and competitions (domestic and international).
This is a 1 hour and 20 minute course which can be taken in shorter segments. You will be able to return to the specific slides where you left off.
In the Research & Reference tab on the left side of the course home page, you can download the NCSI background check self-registration letter and additional course reference materials.
If you are required to complete the online form for the NCSI background check, use your ePath logon ID/email address so that you can see the results of your background check in your ePath Profile/Custom Attributes tab.
This is an Advanced Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun Coach certification prerequisite course.