Safe Sport Policy
The Organization Code is USA36546 when you login to ePath to take the course.
This Safe Sport policy clarifies to all stakeholders that the USOC and USA Shooting is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for athletes. It also emphasizes and sets forth standards of behavior that clearly outline unacceptable behaviors, minimize opportunities for misconduct, and help to prevent unfounded allegations.
Here is the list of who is required to take Safe Sport training and complete the NCSI background check:
- All named USAS shooting team athletes (national junior team, national development team, national team)
- USAS Staff and National Coaches
- USAS named National Assistant Coaches
- USAS supervised volunteers and referees
- USAS Certified Training Center coaches
- NTC Shooting Club coaches
- USAS Coach Academy Certified Coaches
- Any coaches attending a camp or clinic onsite at the OTC
Safe Sport training and NCSI background checks are required every two years to continue working with USAS athletes at training camps and competitions (domestic and international).
This is a 1 hour and 20 minute course which can be taken in shorter segments. You will be able to return to the specific slides where you left off.
In the Research & Reference tab on the left side of the course home page, you can download the NCSI background check self-registration letter and additional course reference materials.
If you are required to complete the online form for the NCSI background check, use your ePath logon ID/email address so that you can see the results of your background check in your ePath Profile/Custom Attributes tab.
This is an Advanced Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun Coach certification prerequisite course.